Contact lenses have advanced so much in recent times. New lens materials and fittings means most people can now wear contact lenses.
Contact lenses come in many different types.
Reasons to have contact lenses:
- Indoor or outdoor sports
- Social use
- Just a change from spectacle wear
- Special events - weddings, graduation, holidays.
- Children's sports use
For any further information on any lenses type, please do not hesitate to contact us.
TOP TIPS IF YOU WEAR CONTACT LENSES
- Good lens wear and care is essential to prevent avoidable eye problems.
- Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly before using any type of contact lens and follow all the recommended procedures Never use tap water to clean lenses - this could lead to serious problems, including corneal ulcers and eye infections.
- Follow the manufacturer’s directions for cleaning, disinfecting and wearing the lenses
- Don’t change how you clean your contact lenses without asking your optometrist or optician ﬁrst Replace your contact lens case regularly to reduce the risk of infection and always use fresh solution to store your lenses You shouldn’t wear your lenses for longer than you have been told by your optometrist, and certainly not for more than 16 hours in a day.
- You should never sleep in them unless they are speciﬁcally designed for overnight wear
- Don’t bathe or go swimming in your contact lenses unless advised you can by your eye care practitioner
- Never share or swap contact lenses with anyone else If you wear eye make-up, always apply it after putting your contact lenses in
- Go to regular after-care appointments with your optometrist - at least once a year or more often if your optometrist recommends it
- If you have problems If in doubt, take them out. If you experience any signs of redness, pain or loss of vision - consult InView Opticians immediately for advice. If a problem arises outside opening hours, you must get it checked at Accident & Emergency Eye Clinic. Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road (Old Street), London. EC1, runs a 24/7 A & E Eye clinc.